Data Engineer - Remote
What to expect
As a Data Engineer at Finazon, you will be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about managing and transforming data to unlock insights and drive business value.
You will have the opportunity to work with complex datasets, state-of-the-art data processing frameworks, and a team of highly motivated and talented individuals. This position will challenge you to leverage your technical skills and creativity to solve complex data-related problems and contribute to our data-driven culture.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, and maintain reliable and efficient data pipelines to process large volumes of data.
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to understand data needs and deliver solutions.
- Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL processes, SQL, and other data technologies.
- Enhance data quality and reliability, and ensure that all necessary data transformations are correctly handled.
- Work on performance tuning, improving system scalability, and optimizing our data systems.
- Proactively identify opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data.
- Develop processes for data modeling, mining, and production.
- Work closely with all facets of the business to assist in defining and implementing data strategies, standards, procedures, and best practices.
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer, Software Developer, or similar role.
- Deep understanding of database structure principles with proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools.
- Familiarity with data processing tools and platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to write robust, maintainable code in Python, Java, or a similar language.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- A problem-solving mindset with an emphasis on product delivery.
Finazon is a financial data marketplace for users of all sizes. From the most ambitious people looking for easy-to-start exotic data to the world's largest enterprises that seek reliability, diversity, and tailored data solutions. Our mission is to create one marketplace for all world financial data, and we are having astonishing adventures along the way. Meaning you have a lifetime opportunity to make financial data truly reachable by everyone while doing the most significant work of your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Privacy is a top priority for Finazon, and we build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.