Overview of Non-Professional Subscriber status
Non-Professional Subscriber status applies to individuals who use financial data for personal, non-commercial purposes. They do not use the data in a capacity that would otherwise classify them as a professional, such as providing investment advice or managing assets for other individuals or entities.
While this status is not subject to the same regulations or reporting obligations as Professional Subscribers, it is important to understand the differentiation between the two, as misclassifying your status can lead to significant legal and financial consequences.
Who qualifies as Non-Professional Subscriber?
During the verification process, we'll ask you 11 questions to determine your subscriber status. If your answer to the first question is yes, and no to the remaining ten questions, then you qualify for a Non-Professional Subscriber status.
- Do you use market data solely for your personal, non-business use?
- Do you receive market data for your business or any other entity?
- Are you currently registered or qualified with the SEC or the CFTC?
- Are you currently registered or qualified with any securities agency, any securities exchange, association or regulatory body, or any commodities or futures contract market, association or regulatory body, in the United States or elsewhere?
- Whether you are located within or outside of the United States, do you perform any functions that are similar to those that require an individual to register or qualify with the SEC, the CFTC, any other securities agency or regulatory body, any securities exchange or association, or any commodities or futures contract market, association or regulatory body?
- Are you engaged to provide investment advice to any individual or entity?
- Are you engaged as an asset manager?
- Do you use the capital of any other individual or entity in the conduct of your trading? (trading on margin is ok)
- Do you conduct trading for the benefit of a corporation, partnership, or other entity?
- Have you entered into any agreement to share the profit of your trading activities or receive compensation for your trading activities?
- Are you receiving office space, and equipment or other benefits in exchange for your trading or work as a financial consultant to any person, firm or business entity?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Can I use data commercially as a Non-Professional Subscriber?
A: No, as a Non-Professional Subscriber, you are only permitted to use the data for personal, non-commercial purposes. If you intend to use the data for commercial purposes, you must upgrade your status to Professional Subscriber.
Q2: As a Non-Professional Subscriber, am I required to report my data usage?
A: No, Non-Professional Subscribers are not typically required to report their data usage.
Q3: Can a family member use the same data under my Non-Professional Subscriber status?
A: No, the data access granted under a Non-Professional Subscriber status is for the individual subscriber's personal use only. Sharing this access with others, including family members, is not allowed and could result in penalties. If other members of your household wish to access the data, they would need to obtain their own subscriptions.
Access market data as a Non-Professional Subscriber using Finazon
With Finazon, accessing market data as a Non-Professional Subscriber is a breeze and can be done in less than a minute! Follow these simple steps:
- Head over to the US Stock Market Data API dataset listed in the Finazon Catalog.
- Make sure the Personal usage option is selected.
- Click on Confirm status. This will lead you to the agreement page.
- Thoroughly review the information, check the checkboxes if you agree with the terms, and fill out your details.
- That's it! If you have answered the questions in accordance with a Non-Professional status, your new status will be granted, and you can now subscribe to the dataset!
If you have any additional questions or concerns about Professional Subscriber status, our support team is ready and willing to assist you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for any clarifications or further assistance you might need.